Buying Contents Insurance online
Choosing the right contents insurance policy for your individual circumstances.
There is no point in buying contents insurance that does not pay out when you make a claim. To avoid having claims rejected or reduced, make sure that:
• You have new-for-old cover if you want most of your belongings to be replaced as new
• The insurance covers your belongings for what you want them to be covered for – pay particular attention to limits of indemnity
• You are insured for the right amount. If your contents are worth £50000 then do not underinsure on a standard £40000 Sum insured basis.
Buying your policy online
Buying contents insurance online is a simple and easy process today and you are spoilt for choice of online contents insurance providers. Be aware that the length of a quick quote system of online home insurance and completing a full blown application form can vary considerably.
Fortunately most of the companies on contents-insurance.info have very quick quotes so you only need to fill in an application form when you decided on which company is offering you the best contents insurance cover for your needs at the most reasonable premiums.
Use a quick quote comparison system to compare contents insurance quotes online.
It is always worth getting several contents insurance quotes but before you make contact, you will need to have the following information to hand:
Buying Contents Insurance Online Checklist
You will need to know or have at hand the following indformation in order to complete an online contwents insurance proposal form:
• The value of your high-risk items
• The kind of cover you want (e.g. accidental damage cover or contents cover away from the home)
• Any special requirements – you want cover for your garden ornaments or pets, say
• The date you last claimed on any contents insurance.
• Many companies will ask who your previous contents insurer was. This is particularly important to those offering No Claims discounts for claim free years
• Your Credit Card or bank details.